Saturday, June 16, 2012

Preparing for Our July 1 Service

Hi Everyone,

We have  just 2 rehearsal  before our service.  I've posted below a general template of an order of service.  THIS IS NOT SET IN CONCRETE. This is only a guideline.   We can move elements around, (such as separate the reflections) , ad or  delete, to some extent.

My goal is to get us brainstorming now so that we can be more efficient  during rehearsal.  Please think about:


  •  any ideas for solos you have
  • requests for pieces you hope we do
  • if you are doing a reflection,  does any particular song go well with it?
  • Anything I've missed


We may well need an extra rehearsal to make this smooth and high level.

 Please bring you calendars Monday.



Preparing  for She sings  July 1   2012  Music Service

Title            ________________________

Prelude (done before service actually starts  Could be several  different pieces  ) Blues Call and response  E, Sherri  and ?   

Chimes
Welcome & Announcements            __________________

Music for Gathering:                          ________________

Chalice Lighting                         could it be a very short      song?

Unison Affirmation, James Vila Blake            

Opening Words                       who wants to compose and speak?    
                                                                    
Opening Hymn: #                               _______________________

Joys and Sorrows             who will introduce and carry the  mike?  
                   
Meditation of Shared Compassion   a musical  meditative piece?


Offering and Offertory:        Murphy/Chandler  Feed the Birds            accmp by?     piano or guitar?  

words of thanks after the baskets are collected? _____________

Reflection 1 :                                      Chandler

Reflection 2 :                                      ______________________

Reflection 3 :                                      ______________________

Closing Hymn: #                               ______________________

Extinguishing the Chalice    who will do it ________________

Postlude                                               _____________________












1 comment:

  1. I'd be happy to do any/all of these: Chalice Lighting, Opening Words, passing out/collecting offertory baskets, Closing Words, Chalice Extinguishing/Benediction, as well as help with hymn selection.

    I am happy to accomp. Feed the Birds on guitar, but I cannot take my guitar to rehearsal tomorrow (Monday).

    ReplyDelete