Those present please feel free to edit or if you'd like me to edit let me know corrections.
(And please excuse cryptic-ness, etc.; if I take time to make it all pretty I will never get it posted.)
Bobby McFerrin this Thursday eve - be at UUFC 6pm if you expect to be in on the carpool!!!! we will simply arrange which cars/drivers based on those who are there promptly.Upcomings...4/21 - earth day svc - we are definitely singing - "When we are gone"4/28 - Peace Church evening service - definitely singing "I am willing" and "alleluia" (althouse) - Elaine is going to see if Jeff can come rehearse next week - on 4/28 please arrive at UUFC 4h30 for warmup -- also for that service, we will join the PC choir on "Benedictus" (this is the piece we did a few years ago - satb by Brian Lewis) - they potentially have a preponderance of sopranos but we won't know til then - altos prep alto part please, sopranos please prep for either soprano or alto - they have plenty of male voices to offset our joining the women apparently - we did some pretty good review/rehearsing of "Benedictus" - those who still might have the music from way back when please do the same at home5/12 mother's day service - Jan wondered if we could please sing "He ain't heavy he's my brother" with slight lyrics variation. We found lots of different variations online, etc. - might be hard getting everyone to be together and same style on everything - Sara idea to sing it in solos - each person could stylize as they liked that way - refrain together or something... - Elaine will accompany - we tentatively got a version in G patched together. Please practice with the Hollies before next week: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1KtScrqtbc I'll post the lyrics right after this.We Shall Be Free - started a little with the Garth Brooks piece - Elaine passed music around - note: link I posted before no longer viable so here's another (I'll try to remem. to replace the former one first chance I get) http://vimeo.com/8515766
Incidentals...
- we might not/probably not sing 5/19 since we're doing 5/12
- some other tentative dates/changes on gcal - please go consult (front page of blog)
- we discussed the retreat at Catherine's mountain house - narrow time frame, not many people can go or are sure they can go, at least one person would not be able to stay overnight, 2hrs each way would be sad for those who couldn't stay over, etc.- we came to the conclusion it doesn't seem super practicable at present - despite the fact that Catherine may no longer have it later for us to use - some ideas were discussed about possibly doing a one-day retreat at Elaine's or somewhere else (suggestions welcome) closer to home sometime late spring/early summer so that more people might be able to go - please keep brainstorming - Catherine huge thanks from everyone anyway!
ps I'll have the lead sheets for "Wanting Memories" next week - slight delay since I don't have internet at home so Noteflight wasn't ideal this time - found another notation program for offline use
ReplyDelete