Saturday, January 21, 2017

happy new year and update

wow - quite an unplanned hiatus here on We Sing's blog.
ahem.

so - jumping right in - we are singing the "Love Train/Put a Little Love in Your Heart" mashup tomorrow.

For those who could not attend the amazing choir potluck/rehearsal last night at the Fredendalls'...

some notes:


  • we are meeting at 10am after all not 9h45
  • we have decided not to entertain the idea of doing a repeat at the end at all - too confusing plus we're the postlude so people might be wanting to get out of there, 
  • only other new issue is please watch dynamics - I am at work so I cannot tell you which measures but basically we want to start significantly softer when we switch to:


    • the "put a little love" one-page repeat section (the one with the rhythm we have found challenging :)
    • and also when we start the actual "put a little love in your heart" section ("take a good look around"?) 
    • also at the beginning start a bit less raucously - more cohesive


I'll try to remem to input measure numbers when I get home unless anyone wants to text them to me and I can edit this here at work - we are pretty dead today.

see y'all tomorrow!

I think this might be the first blogpost since I added Sarah M and Scott T to the bloglist so a huge WELCOME and THANK YOU  to both of you again for joining us!


No comments:

Post a Comment