Thursday, August 28, 2014

Notes from rehearsal 8/25/14

Sherri was not able to join us - feel better Sherri! Boo allergies!

Members present: Elaine, Paula, Sara, 3 Susans, Scott

We practiced turquoise hymnal #1051 ("We are/For each child that's born…") and "I am Willing." Both are for Eve's ordination the afternoon of 9/21. (Please see gcal for other dates too). (Tab at top of blog.)

For each child that's born
3 or 4 parts - still being decided. Elaine has alto copy for anyone who needs it - please email her for a pdf if you want it before next rehearsal. We made corrections to the pdf version the other day at her house.

  • Soprano: Susan Ch, Susan Cl, Sherri
  • Alto: Susan W, Paula, Elaine
  • Bottom: Sara, Scott
I Am Willing
  • Soprano 1: Sherri (Clay default)
  • Soprano 2: Susan Ch., (Clay too if Sherri on Soprano 1)
  • Alto 1: Paula and Sara and Scott
    • Sara and Scott will jump onto the "I am open/I am willing" chant whenever appl.

  • Alto 2: Elaine and Susan W.
  • Jeff will join us for the solo again - rehearsal with him TBA
The entire list for Eve's ordination:
  • #1051 For each child that's born
  • I Am Willing
  • Let the Spirit Come to You (from WSSR*; Scott you will need music - remind me and I can scan and send to you if you like) - tentative idea: twice thru, first time with solos as we did in December, then unison with Scott second time thru
  • Hymns (all grey hymnal, with congregation)
    • #352 Find a Stillness
    • #347 Gather the Spirit
    • #208 Every time I feel the Spirit
I'll put this on the gcal too but please note we must be at UUFC by 1:15 9/21 for warm-up before the service.


*WSSR= Winter Solstice Singing Ritual

No comments:

Post a Comment